3.11.2014

Recipe recap - mango salsa


It is Spring in Miami.  It is like everyone puts on a fresh pair of contacts each morning.  The air is free of humidity.  It is clearer, crisper, and what everyone loves about South Florida this time of year.



On Sunday I made fish tacos for dinner.  I found another Trader Joe's staple, their corn taco shells.  I like the texture of a corn soft tortilla.  Here they are in case you want to try - 


Onto the tacos. I sauteed some white fish in a pan with cumin, salt and pepper, served with shredded cabbage, black refried beans (another pantry staple in our house), feta crumbles, and a fresh mango salsa.  I winged the salsa recipe, it turned out quite nicely.  I thought I would share - 

Mango salsa 

2 mangos - not too firm, not to ripe, just right if you can...diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced into small pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced into small pieces
1/2 red onion, diced into small as you can get pieces
1/2 cup cilantro chopped and destemed
salt to taste

This made a lot. I have been eating it as a salad dressing on a fish taco salad of sorts for lunch yesterday and today.  You could half this recipe if it was for two people and still have leftovers for sure.  


Tortilla image via, all the rest via my iPhone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment