3.27.2014

Recipes on the list - spring theme!

Warning: if you hate peas, come back to this blog another day.

I'm not sure if everyone knows my love for peas.  I have a bag or two of frozen in my freezer at all times.  They are sweet, add such nice color to dishes and are cute.  That cute comment is a serious one. Peas make the composition of dishes look much better, and I love the taste.  Fresh peas in spring are a real treat.  Here are a few pea recipes I will be making in the coming weeks.  Let me know if you try one and what you think!


Toast with lemony pea mash from Bon Appetit  magazine.  I cannot WAIT to make this. Also something you could make ahead for a party/cocktail spread which is nice.



Springtime frittata from Yummly.  Frittatas are a great weeknight dish.  Scrambled eggs in a more civilized form.  This also makes a great leftover lunch on its own or served on top of arugula with a little vinaigrette.



This Minty Pea Soup from Bon Appetit looks so light and springy.  Reminds me of a dish served at a bridal or baby shower, ladies lunching in the best possible way.


Ina's Pesto Pea Salad is amazing.  My mother in law made it a few years ago and I still remember it.  A great spring/summer side dish with grilled chicken or by itself for a light dinner maybe even enjoyed while sitting outside!

All images from links provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment