10.16.2013

Weeknight dinner - Nicoise salad

Last night I made a light dinner, nicoise salad, that I planned to make over the weekend. I love the presentation of this meal more than anything.  All the colors and textures on the platter make it something fun to put on the table.  I made it with salmon as that was the freshest fish at the market. R eats dinner and then says, you know I cannot stand salmon for the record. Noted. Newlywed moments 101.

I made this version with cherry tomatoes, blanched green beans, shallots, roasted baby Yukon gold potatoes (they were the size of gum drops, so delicious), hard boiled eggs, nicoise pitted olives, oven roasted salmon and arugula.  I whipped up an easy vinaigrette that I will share below.

Here's a snapshot of the table, not bad for a Tuesday.


Easy vinaigrette:

1 lemon juiced
1 T Dijon mustard
.5 t salt
.5 t black pepper
1 t sugar
1-2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil

Add all ingredients to mason jar and shake.  Good in fridge for a week (or so).

No comments:

Post a Comment