2.10.2012

Seeking studs

A few days ago the Valentine's Day email from one of my most favorite jewelry designers, Julia Failey, appeared in my inbox.  Julia and I went to the same college, but didn't overlap.  We met and started to hang out in Chicago, going to hot yoga and having pup park dates.  Her stuff is a-mazing, there is a good range of price points, and her eco-centric approach to design and craftsmanship makes each purchase a feel good one.  I received this necklace for Valentine's Day a few years ago and it is a staple for Saturdays (and other days too) ever since.   Julia also does ridiculous custom work, making many a man friend's engagement ring for his fiance to be.  She even made her sister's engagement ring - talk about special stuff.

Back to the email - it highlighted her stud earrings.  I am obsessed with stud earrings, I think they are timeless, can mix with a variety of looks and seasons and are just more chic than most danglies.  My opinion.  Here are some of her studs which I adore.  Is anyone who wants to get me a gift reading? Just kidding!  Kind of.

Meet Julia -



Now let me introduce you to some of her wonderful studs -











Her variations of classic pieces are incredible.  Hope you enjoy!

All images via Julia Failey.

No comments:

Post a Comment