11.29.2011

Gift ideas: Stocking stuffers

In the beginning of a series of holiday gift ideas, I thought I would start off with stocking stuffers.  In my family growing up some big ticket items might be in one's stocking.  A check from our grandfather or a necklace I'd been pining after.  This year the gifts may be a bit more modest from my end, so here are a couple ideas for that extra gift to go by the fire.

A magazine subscription ~





Great offers are normally abound right now and it is literally the gift that keeps on giving.  I'm hoping for a Veranda or House Beautiful subscription myself.  But this is a thoughtful and fun gift to throw in.  For the stocking just buy the latest copy of the magazine.  And, since you don't want the magazines to arrive until after the holidays, this is a great last minute gift.


Potions and lotions ~




Men and women alike appreciate good skin care (although not all will admit it).  I think Khiel's has excellent packaging and products for men if you're buying for a guy who might be hesitant about coconut oil.  Also L'Occtaine is a favorite of mine for their Green Tea scent - it's divine.  Their travel size hand lotion is a great gift, and if you're traveling to your holiday destination you don't have to worry about the TSA keeping it.


Cocktail napkins ~





I am a paper lover.  Notecards, stationary, place cards, cocktail napkins, you name it!  A fun, inexpensive gift to throw in a stocking is a package of festive cocktail napkins.  I recommend not buying holiday themed napkins, as their recipient will not be able to use them until the coming year.  Caspari always has wonderful designs and they are a great way to add a little party to one's stocking.

What are your favorite stocking stuffer ideas?  Love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment