11.17.2011

Rin Tin Tin

I love things with character and have a story.  This applies to both people and design.   I wanted to highlight one of my favorite house features - TIN.  The sound of the rain falling on a tin roof is so cathartic.  I have fond memories of staying in a cabin growing up in the summers, waking up to hearing the raindrops plop down on the roof above.  In terms of kitchens I am a country kitchen type of gal.  If I could somehow meld a farmhouse kitchen with a British countryside feel would be my dream.  Driving across the country you see old rusted tin roofs on farmhouses.  This makes me feel that even though things move pretty fast today, older design elements may help us slow down a bit and acknowledge the past.










Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment