1.08.2012

Happy Sunday


I hope everyone is having a good weekend!  I just came across this on Pinterest, and for better or worse, it spoke to me.  I enjoy these sassy retro images.  One of my oldest friends gave me cocktail napkins with "They hated to gossip" written on them with two old dames sitting enjoying their martinis.  It brought a smile to my face whenever I used them.

I think in an age where women struggle between the old and the new, keeping old traditions and continuing for strive for success, there can be mental friction.  I know I feel that way sometimes - I value chivalry and tradition, yet want equality and continued progress for women.  These images remind me of when women did not have as much freedom as we do today, yet they kept a subtle control and opinion that cannot be underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment